Benchmark is proud to be a Houston-based business. There are so many things about this city and its people that we love. From one of the world’s largest rodeos to the 52,912 acres of park space, Houston is a hub of activity, culture, and flourishing businesses. As a matter of fact, Houston ranked in the top 50 best places to start a business on Inc.com.
So how much do we love Houston? Let us count the ways:
- Diversity. The city has surpassed cities like Los Angeles and New York for most diverse city in America. Because it’s an international hub, there are more than 145 languages spoken!
- Culture. The culture of Houston is in a league of its own. With so much diversity, the city is a melting pot of cultures from all over the world! The arts are also a huge part of the culture of Houston, with over 500 institutions devoted to music, dance, theater, and more.
- Food. Houston is home to some of the best food in America. It is home to more than 10,000 restaurants that represent over 70 countries and American regions. From food trucks to farm-to-table restaurants and everything in between, there is no shortage of choice when it comes to eating out.
- The Great Outdoors. This city has 1500 acres of green space right in the center. Memorial Park is just the beginning, though. There is a 300 mile interconnected bikeway network throughout the city, and over 650 urban spaces just inside the city limits.
- Houston Health. The Texas Medical Center is the largest medical center in the world – and it resides in Houston. With 21 renowned hospitals and the number one cancer center in the world, MD Anderson Cancer Center, the available medical resources draw people from all over the nation.
- The Arts. We touched on this a few points back, but Houston is recognized as a mecca of the arts. With over 9.2 million visits a year, the city is one of only a few to hold resident professional companies in all four performing arts disciplines – ballet, opera, symphony, and theater. The museum district has 19 museums that span art, history, science, nature, and culture.
- Rodeo Season. It wouldn’t be a blog about Houston if we didn’t mention the rodeo! This event is right up there with Christmas for some folks, and it happens during the best time of the year in Houston – spring. The rodeo is the largest in the world and draws crowds from all over. Contestants compete to get their share of the $1.4 million prize, and the show ends every night with a performance by Grammy Award-winning artists. While it is a known entertainment attraction, the rodeo has committed over $40 million to youth scholarships since it began in 1931.
- Business Opportunities. As one of the most populous cities in America, the opportunities in Houston seem endless. The city is home to 23 Fortune 500 companies, and hosts a pool of diverse, highly skilled workers who are multilingual and multicultural. There are plenty of incentive programs offered by the city to encourage businesses and industries to choose Houston, making it a great place for businesses to start and thrive.
We know Houston is a great place to call home, and it’s always an honor to be chosen by companies and organizations like yours to build a piece of the city. If you’re ready to start your building project with Benchmark Builders, contact us today!